Updated: Mar 19
Happy New Year Everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful celebration. I have to say, one of my favorite parts 2018 was interacting with you all. Thank you for inspiring me every day with your strength to overcome and support for each other. I am honored to be part of this DM community.
For my first post of 2019, I thought I’d give a quick Eversense update. Overall, I am LOVING this CGM. I’m sure I still have a lot to learn, but here is what I’ve found so far…
Things I love:
· It is not only accurate, but it picks up my highs and lows more quickly than other CGMs (~5min). Yes, I have been testing my CGMs against each other…what scientist wouldn’t? I do have to report, however, that I struggled with accuracy for the first few days likely due to inflammation at insertion site?
· I love being able to take off my CGM and put it back on as I please. It’s nice to be able to take a shower with NOTHING on.
· When I snag the transmitter on my shirt or a doorknob it DOESN’T hurt! The transmitter is not actually attached to the sensor, so nothing can get “ripped out”.
· Sharing my data with my fiancé.
· Love the vibration alerts.
· iPhone app is easy to use and very user friendly.
· 15 min for full transmitter charge
Things I don’t love:
· The initiation phase occurs 24hrs after insertion and consists of 4 calibrations approximately every 2 hrs. If you do not calibrate twice in a 24hr period or every 12 hrs, you will reenter the initiation phase.
· The CGM requires set calibration times 10-14 hours apart. Although you can calibrate up to 2 hrs before a set calibration time, you cannot reset your 12hr calibration countdown. The system will always ask for a calibration at the set time even if you’ve calibrated just, say 4 hrs before.
Does anyone else have experience with Eversense? I'd love to hear your thoughts!